Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

A NEW SCHOOL YEAR? ALREADY?!?


It is Labor Day in the United States…do you know what that means for kids across the United States?  It means that every kid, everywhere, has either just started or is going to start—a new school year!  (Duhn, Da, Da, Da, Duhn…ominous musical notes, right there!)

So…tomorrow I start school.  No more summer.  No more lazy days and late nights.  No more long, empty days stretched before me waiting to be filled with fun.  Nope, now it is early mornings and early nights.  Long, full days stretching endlessly before me waiting to be filled with work, work, workSigh!

Do you remember my end of summer bucket list?  Well, I’m going to make myself and Krumbs feel better.  We’re going to take a look at how much of our summer bucket list we’ve accomplished:

SUMMER BUCKET LIST CHECK OFF

1.      Chasing Chipmunks- CHECK! I have spent many days racing around my yard chasing chipmunks with my trusty friend, Krumbs.

2.      Playing Softball with My Friends- CHECK!! I have not only played softball, but endless homerun derbies, baseball and wiffle ball games.

3.      S’mores on the Grill- CHECK!!!  Yep, we made s’mores three times over the last two weeks of summer…over a fire pit, over a charcoal grill and over a gas grill (that one was not so successful, but we still had chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers, so how unsuccessful can it be?!)

4.      Visit Fenway Park in Boston- CHECK!!!!  Not only did I visit Fenway, I went to a Yankee vs. Red Sox game-WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Check out the photo below, which I took myself:

 


5.      Visit New York City- CHECK!!!!! I did visit NYC and while I was there, I had the chance to see Matilda the Musical on Broadway!  It was AMAZING, I tell you, AMAZING!!!!!  It was as amazing as the book, Matilda by Roal Dahl.  Check out the program from the show, below:
I really did a lot this summer.  I almost can’t believe all the amazing things I did and the goals I reached, which makes me feel better about the summer’s end and the start of school.  If I can make my school bucket list and finish it, the same way I made my summer bucket list and finished it…it’s going to be a great year!!!!!
How about you?  What have you accomplished this summer?   What goals will you set for your new school year? Check us out later next week to find out our goals for the school year!
 
Cookie and Krumbs
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment