Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

TAKING "THE BIG ONES" AND FEELING A LITTLE WOOZY


What are you thinking about today?

We’re thinking about standardized tests…and we’re feeling a little woozy.  Does everyone in your school take big tests in reading, writing and math each year?  Everyone in our school takes “THE BIG ONES” every year at this time and it makes my tummy tumble.

Krumbs says I have “test anxiety” –those are just two fancy words that mean I stress over tests, especially big ones.   Krumbs reminded me that I’ve dealt with this before and I’ll deal with it again.  I can’t even move to avoid testing because I think every state in the United States tests kids…so I certainly can’t get away from it.  (Not that my parents would offer moving as an option anyway, and I’d miss my friends, my house and my school.)

Do you feel test stress, like I do, when you have big tests?  What’s a girl (or guy) to do about “test trauma”?

Krumbs, of course, directed me to the Imagination Café to see if we could find some good tips.  Of course, we did!  I quickly remembered (from last year!) the power of a good breakfast.  I brushed up on this healthy habit by reading “Brain Booster Breakfasts” (peanut butter and banana on whole wheat toast with a glass of milk works for me).  Krumbs also reminded me about the power of getting enough sleep and sticking to a regular schedule as much as possible. 

If you’re interested in talking about your test stress or anything else, check out Klub Krumbs by clicking here.  Klub Krumbs is where we go to hang out, talk with our friends and relieve test stress--Join US!

Have a great day and visit us again soon!

Cookie and Krumbs

0 comments:

Post a Comment