Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

SOMETIMES IT TAKES AN ERUPTION TO GET A REDUCTION

Well Friends, here's the big news from the weekend:

My volcanic zit has erupted!
 
Gross Alert: The passage you are about to read is gross. Skip to the next paragraph if you are easily grossed out.  I know it's hard to believe but it is true!  On Saturday afternoon, I just couldn't take it for one more second.  I dragged Krumbs into the bathroom and stood, staring at that white-headed monster in the mirror...and it stared right back at me!  Refusing to be intimidated, I took an acne wipe pad and started wiping around the seething volcanic mass.  Just as I reached the mouth of the volcano~it exploded!  Whitish-yellow pus shot between my fingers and splashed onto the mirror.  Krumbs and I stood with our mouths hanging open, just staring at the huge blob of gunk that had exploded from my zit and now covered my mirror-UGH!!!  It was impossible to believe all that disgusting pus had fit inside my volcanic zit.  I mean, the zit was huge, but it didn't look big enough to hold all that grossness!
 
 
After cleaning the mirror, I took another look at my nose.  Post-eruption, it didn't look so bad.  There was no huge volcano-looking mass taking over my face.  It was still a little red, with a nice little scab...but there was no white in sight so it looked more like a bug bite or cut than a disgusting exploding blob.  Krumbs and I breathed a sigh of relief.  It took an eruption to get a reduction in the size of my nose volcano, but at least it's smaller now! 
 
Once that drama was over, Krumbs had time to show me an amazing trick ~he made pepper dance!  I know it sounds too strange to be true, but it is absolutely true.  He was reading about water's surface tension in an article called Sticky Rabbit Ears by Debora Giese.  The article talks about  surface tension on water and how it works.  You can float pepper flakes on the top of a cup or bowl of water because the surface tension holds the pepper flakes up and you can make the pepper flakes dance by dipping a fork in dish soap and touching the top of the water.  The dish soap separates the molecules and the pepper flakes move around the water...like dancers dancing!!!  Check out the article and try the experiments.  You can entertain your friends just like Krumbs entertained me!
 
Did you do something amazing this weekend?  (I know that there aren't a lot of things as amazing as the eruption of a honkingly huge, volcanic zit, but not everyone can have that joy-double ugh!)  Share your news by joining Klub Krumbs
 
Until next time...Krumbs and I say "Adios" to you... (and my zit)!


0 comments:

Post a Comment