Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

EIGHT DAY COUNTDOWN: KICK OFF TO CLASSROOM

Well, our days of living the "Late, Great Life" are officially nearing an end.  Krumbs and I have begun  our "Kick Off to Classroom" countdown.   Yep, I know, I know...only
 
8 MORE DAYS
 
and I'll be heading back to school (and Krumbs will be heading back to downtime, all the time).

We can't decide...are we
 excited and invigorated or down and depressed?
 
 
I see the exciting and invigorating this way:  I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends, especially the ones I haven't seen much since June.  I'm also looking forward to the "newness" that comes with every year with school.  I like thinking about new teachers, new classes, new subjects and new friends and new activities.  I'm excited about reading new books and exploring new things...like the schooner trip my class will go on this year!  I also like that I am in the same school again this year so I get a lot of "NEW", but not a lot of "BIG CHANGE".
 
 
I see the down and depressed this way:  I'm not really looking forward to the "have to's".  You know all about the "have to's"...I have to get up early.  I have to keep a schedule.  I have to do reports, homework, and studying.  Look, I don't mind any of those things...well, not really...well, not too much.  I like reading and writing--I've done it all summer, visiting the Cafe, reading books and magazines and writing about all the places we've gone and the things we've done.  I don't even mind a schedule...it's the getting up early that is really the killer here.  I also get a little down about all the "HAVE TO'S" because even though I don't mind any of those things, I don't want to "have to" do them.
 
Isn't it so much easier to do things when they are a choice and not a "have to"????
 
 
My friend, Savannah says I'm getting a little carried away and I probably am.  She pointed out that we're kids and our job is to go to school.  When I think about it like that, it does make sense.  Vacations are fun and we love living the "Late Great Life", but we also have to "get the job done" and plan for our future.  I think about Eleanor Bennett, the sixteen year old photographer Kathleen Bookbinder wrote about on the Cafe.  Eleanor Bennett is known all over the world and I can't help but think that she probably did get up every morning and say, "I have to take some more photos today.  I have to get better and I have to learn more."  I bet she looked at her "have to's" and just went with them...and look at who she's become--a world reknown photographer! 
 
I wonder where my "have to's" will take me someday?  Now that I think about it, I'm pretty excited to find out where I'll go, what I'll be and who I'll see!  I guess the "have to's" and the classroom, the school work and the schedules may not be so bad after all! (But I may waffle and change my mind a little as the countdown winds down!)
 
Check back for more news as we Countdown the "Kick Off to Classroom".
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment