Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'M GONNA BE A PIRATE!!!!!!


AHOY MATEY

I know, I know, I know.  I already told you all about the youngest known pirate and the New England Pirate Museum...but I'm going there again.  WhyWhy? Why, you ask?  We're talking pirates because the production at this week's theater camp is a musical about...wait for it.... PIRATES!!!!

I was super comfortable reading for auditions because Krumbs and I just finished visiting the museum and reading about pirates!!!!!  So, I read for the lead role....she's a tiny girl who wants to be a pirate but the pirate's don't think she'll ever be big enough, strong enough or brave enough to be a pirate.  I bet you can guess what happens in the end, right?

Have you ever auditioned for a play?  It was scary, but not really scary because we all knew each person would have a part (but which part?!)  Deep down inside, I'm sure everyone wanted a lead role and there were only two.  What's a girl to do?

I sucked up my courage, swallowed hard, channeled my inner pirate and slammed through those lines!  I was dramatic and outgoing, wild and crazy, funny and emotional and I GOT THE PART!!! 

I am "Peggy the Pirate"!  And "Peggy" comes with 18 pages of lines, five songs and two solos to memorize by Friday-YIKES!   I'm not sure I'll be living the Late Great Life this week because I'll be too busy memorizing lines, practicing songs and making my costume!  BEST SHARE:I'll have a picture of the costume next time I write!!!!

WOW!  I'm really nervous already.  I guess I focused so hard on getting the part that I forgot about what would happen if I got the part!!!  Oops! 

What do you do when you're nervous?

Well, stop by later this week for more from "Peggy the Pirate"  (aka...Cookie)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment