Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oops! Friendship Reality Check

Good Morning Everyone!

Monday I wrote about my "far away" friend Mark and how we spent an amazing day at his grandmother's house last Sunday.  Mark left his grandmother's house to fly back to his own house and boy, I miss having my best friend here!

We've been emailing back and forth and I've already sent him a letter...but it's just not the same as when you're in the same place hanging out together.  Have you ever had to be far away from your best friend?  It is just the worst feeling in the world!

Thank goodness school is keeping me busy!  I've had so much school work this week and since I like to get perfect grades, I've been pretty crazy about getting everything done in time.  So in between missing my best friend and writing and emailing him, I've studied and studied and studied.  Krumbs has felt lonely and left out.  He tried everything-- trying to tempt me with chipmunk chasing, new recipes (Strawberry Shortcut Cake) and softball, but I didn't stop for a second. 

Krumbs finally decided to do something drastic.  He brought me to the Cafe and shared "Robin's Reality Check" by Latanya West.  It's a story about a girl who is so obsessed with school and grades that she almost loses a good friend.  I think Krumbs was trying to tell me that I needed to spend some time with the friend I have right here (Krumbs!) instead of obsessing over the friend I don't have right here (Mark) and to stop worrying so much about everything, including schoolwork. 

Thank goodness for friends like Krumbs!  He's a perfect friend...right here at home! 

Check back soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment