Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Miserable Mishaps and Mortifying Moments

Good Morning Everyone!

Wow!  We had a hot, happy, sunny weekend filled with the things we love--softball, friends, chipmunk chasing and pogo sticking.  It felt SOOOOOOO good to have the sun shining.  We also tried to sneak over to check on our baby birds but we still couldn't get near the nest.  The adult birds are still sending  "stay away" messages...through diving missions aimed at our heads!  I guess we'll stay away a while longer.  What did you do this weekend?  Did you find any nest building birds, chipmunks to be chased or soaring softballs that needed catching?

When we hit the Cafe this weekend, we found a new fiction piece called "The Peanut Butter Poet" by Catherine May Webb.  I loved this story because it reminded me of a time in writing class when my heart was in my throat so high I thought I'd choke!  We had turned in our writing assignments through the computer and a teacher's aide printed them out for the teacher.  The next day, my essay exactly matched the essay of another kid in the class.  It could have been scary, but it turned out okay because the teacher's aide had printed out two copies by mistake and put my name on one copy and the other kid's name on the other copy. We went back into the computer, found my real essay and my school reputation was SAVED!  "The Peanut Butter Poet's" story doesn't end so easily and hers is definitely not a little mix-up.  It is such a crazy cool story because it deals with something near and dear to our hearts-the "bad" guys getting caught and the "good" guys winning.  Check it out!!!!

Have you ever had a school mix-up or disaster that threatened your reputation?  How about an embarrassing moment in school?  If you're interested in reading more mortifying minutes, check out "Embarrassing Moments" at the Cafe.  It is a section filled with reader's awkward, but hilarious situations.  And while you're there, put up one of your own mortifying moments.  We'd love to read them.

Check back soon!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment