Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Has Sprung


Happy Spring Everyone!

Yesterday was the first day of spring! Krumbs and I took a hike through the woods with some friends.  We were searching for signs of spring.  We found tiny green sprouts of crocus, buds on the lilac bushes and squirrels and chipmunks racing everywhere.  It was also warm enough to hike around without a jacket, which made me so happy.  Spring is my favorite season.  It is not too hot (I really don’t like to sweat too much) and not too cold (big, bulky coats-ugh)!  Do you have a favorite season?

Krumbs couldn’t decide on one favorite season, but he sure has fun chasing chipmunks and squirrels in the springtime. He loves to run and yesterday his furry friends kept him busy for hours. Once he tired out a bit, we visited the Café and found an article about chipmunks. We found out chipmunks don’t hibernate for the winter. They “nap” for days and even weeks at a time, but they wake up to eat between “naps”.  Chipmunks spend the long, cold winter eating and sleeping.  Hmmm...sounds cozy but I think I might get bored after a while, don't you? 

Check back with me soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment