Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

"The Mystery Tapper"...Found!


Hello Everyone,

You’re not going to believe this!  Krumbs and I searched and searched outside yesterday, but we didn’t find a pileated woodpecker.  We looked and we listened and then we looked and listened some more.  Guess what we found?  It was not a bird, not an animal, not even the wind.  The tap, tap, tapping was from drops of water falling down our rain gutters and landing on the metal bottom!  Check out the picture to see the " mystery tapper":


Krumbs was really disappointed, but I told him we can look for woodpeckers when it is a little bit warmer outside.  In the meantime, all that hunting for a mystery animal made me wonder if I might want to be a Professional Wildlife Educator someday.  I found an article about “The Creature Teacher", Robin Wheeler at the Café.  It would be so cool to work with interesting and unusual animals every day.  Some Wildlife Educators even star on their own television shows!  I’m definitely looking into this!

Have a great weekend everyone and I’ll talk to you next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment